Saturday, September 8, 2012

Bomb


Author: Steve Sheinkin
Publisher: Flash Point


There’s a race going on–-between the Soviet Union and the United States–-to make the first atomic bomb. And it’s an intense race. Spies for the Soviet Union relay information about the atomic bombs the United States is manufacturing. And as the United States draws closer to building the bomb, so does the Soviet Union. 

Since Bomb is nonfiction, readers that enjoy nonfiction books about wars in the past will like this read. Although boys may like this more, some girls will also enjoy Bomb. This book is probably best for middle school to high school readers.

Despite not usually reading or liking nonfiction, Bomb pleasantly surprised me. I’m usually not interested in the topics it covered, but as I read through the book, I found myself very interested and wanting to keep reading. The author managed to create suspense even though I already knew some of the major events that were going to happen. A lot of nonfiction books I’ve read also bombard you with names and dates, but Bomb didn’t, which was very nice for me–and other readers I’m sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment